Rabu, 10 September 2008

EWD: Cheer Up???

Three letters: E, W, and D rounded in my head this last weeks. I got to collect 150 signantures from seniors. Fortunately, the seniors in my study program were really friendly, so I didn't have a big problem with that. On 7th and 8th September I joined one important event in my English Language Education Program which is called EWD. This event was held in Wonogondang.


For about a week before EWD, we had to follow Pre EWD. In Pre EWD, we learnt jingle of EWD and we discussed about group jingle and talent show. Honestly, I wasn’t really interested, but I pushed my self to come and tough positive about this event. I wasn’t really interested because I didn’t have any close friend in my group. But because EWD seemed would be fun with its colorful decoration and friendly committee, I decided to go. I didn’t want to give up just because my negative though and because I had no friend. Fortunately, people in my group were friendly. I joined group 11. And I didn’t understand why I still felt awkward with them. It might be caused I was too shy to speak.


After Pre EWD, our group still did meeting couple times to arrange our jingle and talent show. We planed to make a drama about “Sleeping Handsome”. I know, It should be “Sleeping Beauty”, but we changed the main character. So it wasn’t princess, but prince.
Finally after week after Pre EWD, we went to EWD with much stuff in our shoulders. At 7.30, we still gathered in Mrican Hall to continue our discussion. In this place, our committee held an EXPO. In EXPO, they explained us about some activities, communities, and organizations under PBI study program. Than, some lecturers also introduced themselves and their experiences in teaching students of Sanata Dharma.


At around 2 p.m. we were carried to Wonogondang by truck. We’d been looked like cows which would be carried to the cattle raising that time. It wasn’t comfortable at all and of course it wasn’t good to be seen. I got headache because of the truck. But, that wasn’t really bad. Now, I know how it feels to be cow. Haha..


In that first day, we performed our jingle group and talent show. All of the groups finished their performance at about 00.00. I though the funniest group was group 2 and the funniest jingle was group 7. I laughed almost all of the time during their performance. They really entertained. They did a great job.


We had time to sleep until 1.30 a.m., but I couldn’t sleep. It might be caused I felt so tired. At 1.30, we did tracking. We through strange area. The road was aslant and quires our energy. It was so cold and dark, and I was so hungry. We had to compete with group 1 in every post. Group 1 was actually our partner in talent show. Some of the committee seemed angry to us but I didn't know why know why I though that was just part of their planing so I didn't feel scary. I was right. In the end of the tracking they said sorry and they said: Welcome to PBI!!! Finally the tracking ended at 5.00 a.m. I tried to sleep although it was only an hour. I missed my “room sweet room”. Hehe...


At about 08.00 a.m. We had to follow games in out bound. This time we competed with group 15. We won 4-2 with them. The games in out bound was really strange, but they were fun. It made us think a lot and we really got to out much energy to beat other group. The hardest one was TITANIC game. Can you imagine how come 9 people stand above 900 cm2 of sponge box? It was harder than your imagination. But, we won in that game, so it wasn't useless to out much energy and patience there. In the end of the game, I was so wet because of other game we did. I felt that my body was so tired. I needed to sleep!!!


Than after some announcements about the winner of talent show, jingle, best group, best Group Leader, and out bound, we finally could go home. After cleaned the area, we waited for about an hour for the trucks. Let's come in to the cow's mind again.... .


The hole of this event was good. The committee had done a really great job because I now know many more things about PBI and seniors. But honestly, there were some moments when I felt like I was lost in the crowded because I was too silent and I was too shy. Sometimes I didn't know what to do or what to say. It might be caused I was new here so I just watched and learnt about many things. But not all the time I felt like that. And I though EWD was a great event with the great people. Hopefully all of us could back home with the new spirit and friends.


So EWD: Cheer up??? It was up to you...

6 komentar:

Josephine mengatakan...

I think we are same. tired and happy yeah? hehe
do u think EWD day was fun?
I think yes...
and thank for sharing the thent with me, I had a lot af space there
my stuff are everywhere yeah?
hohoo
but I think EDW will be a sweet memories for us

agnes siwi mengatakan...

thank's for your help Sabina!!!!

I felt the same with you. I was too shy to speak because I didn't know the person that I was talking to. But he or she was very kind to me. The most important thing is I've found that they were crazy like me.

nicaaan mengatakan...

okay.,maybe we think the same about the EWD.,but finally, we can enjoyed it..isn't it??
I also felt shy and afraid to talk with others at that time..maybe we can learn to be more talkative.,hee..
above all.,your story is interesting and you can be honest..

Anonim mengatakan...

Well, Sabina... I have read your EWD story. I think it's a nice experience for you, right? Trully I tell you that your English is good. You wrote a long story that make my eyes a little bit "cipit". As a friend I just want to tell you some incorrect words. They are chance shoud be change, though should be thought, are should were etc. It need to edit again, right? Well...see you.

kunemmm.... mengatakan...

live is difficult, so don't dificult your live. (caranya nulis hidup itu susah, jadi jangan dibuat susah itu piye yo???)
sorry my grammar is damage..so don't laugh..
sit Dominus semper vobis cum...

Anonim mengatakan...

Hai.. Sabina!! Hmm. actually I'm a silent and shy person too.. hehe.. On the first day of EWD, i didn't really enjoy the event also..But, finally i've got nice experiences there.. Do you think so??
Well, i like your story.. your grammar is really good.. i just want to give u a correction.. if I not mistaken, the word 'than' should be 'then'..Is that true??
Well, See You! ^^